Frying shrimp is easy but it can sometimes be tricky too.
Frying the Shrimps.
Hot and Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
3 cups cooked rice
1 egg, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks green onions, chopped (separate the white part)
20-25 pcs. shrimps, peeled and cut into half lengthwise
½ chicken breast, sliced into strips
Light soy sauce, to taste
½ cup chopped carrots
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. hot sauce
1/4 tsp. Black pepper powder
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add and cook the egg until lightly brown.
Flip to cook the opposite side.
Transfer into a flat dish or chopping board, roll and cut thinly. Set aside.
2. Add the shrimp and mushrooms into the remaining oil, stir for a minute then add the garlic and onions,
stir for few seconds then add the mixed vegetables.
3. Add the rice. Stir to blend well. Add the sauces.
4. Season with salt and pepper, continue stirring until the rice is heated through.
5. Turn off the heat and add the chopped green onions and the cooked egg.
Stir to distribute all the ingredients evenly.
Tips on Cooking Fried Rice
1. WOK is the best tool to fry the rice, if you don’t have it, then its okay, it still manageable though tricky.
2. COLD and DRY cooked rice works well, it prevent the rice from clumping.
One night old is the best. If you don’t have it, then you can refrigerate the warm rice for an hour.
3. USED OIL from previously fried meat is good to fry the rice, not the dark one of course.
The taste of the meat will remain on the oil, hence it will be a nice contribution to the fried rice’s taste.
If you don’t have it, then try using butter. (note: if you want to use butter, then use ordinary pan instead of wok)
4. HIGH HEAT, always make sure that the wok is really hot before starting to cook,
aside from preventing the rice to stick, it will also prevent the meat or seafoods to be juicy.
5. DON’T MASH the rice to separate the grains, it will destroy it’s texture and you might break it.
Use your hand to separate the grains, it will make your fried rice looks perfect.
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Shrimp and Octopus Soup (Caldo de Camaron y Pulpo) This is a 'Caldo' or soup made with Shrimp and Octopus. This is for all the Mexican and seafood lovers. This soup can be eaten with Tortillas or Tostadas."
Ingredients 2 quarts water 2 pounds octopus, cut into 1 inch pieces 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 cup diced carrots 1 cup diced celery 2 cups cubed potatoes 1/2 cup crushed dry pasilla chile peppers 1/2 cup chopped onion, or to taste 1 cup diced tomato 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp in shells 1 cup fresh corn kernels (optional) salt to taste
Chicken Shrimp and Lamb Sausage Jambalaya Makes 6 servings, but can easily be doubled
Baked Three-Cheese Pasta with Parsley Pesto and Shrimp This triple cheese dish is hearty, flavorful and comforting, all in one grown-up package.
Easy Shrimp Cakes This is an Easy Shrimp Cake recipe. It’s great for an appetizer or even main course.