|Blackened Spiced Fish
Ingredients; 2 x 225-285g (8-10oz) whole red mullet, snapper, or bream, cleaned
Spicy Red Snapper
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
fresh ground pepper 1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon favorite hot pepper sauce
prepared cooked rice (, to serve on the side)
Red Snapper with Spiced Rum Shrimp
Steamed Red Snapper
Directions Peel ginger root and thinly slice.
Red Snapper with Serrano and Jalapeno Peppers
4 red snapper fillets
2 eggs, beaten
Ό cup whipping cream
2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. ground cumin
Ό cup olive oil
2 Tbs. butter
2 cups sweetcorn kernels
1 white onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 red jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and julienned
2 Serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and julienned
½ cup sherry
1. Take your red snapper fillets and run your finger over the middle and upper portions of the body.
If you feel any bones, simply pull them out and discard.
2. In a shallow dish whisk the eggs, whipping cream and Tabasco sauce.
3. In another shallow dish whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper and cumin.
4. Dip each fillet into the egg wash and then dredge in the flour mixture, shaking off all excess flour.
Set the fillets aside 10 minutes.
5. In a large sautι pan or skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the red snapper fillets and sautι until golden on each side (about 7 minutes per side).
6. Remove the fish to a platter and keep warm.
7. Into the skillet add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the corn, onion, tomatoes and both peppers and sautι 10 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sherry.
Place the pan back onto the heat, add the fish, cover the pan and cook 5 minutes.
9. Remove the red snapper fillets from the pan and place on a platter.
Spoon the sauce and vegetables around the fish and serve.
Spicy Red Snapper.
1/4 c lime juice
1 T lemon juice
1 t chili powder
1 plum tomato (chopped)
4 green onions (sliced)
1/2 c chopped Anaheim pepper (or other pepper, if too hot for taste)
1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
Cilantro (optional, as garnish)
Place red snapper in a shallow baking dish.
Combine juices and chili powder in a measuring cup.
Pour over snapper. Marinate 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
Sprinkle onions, tomato and peppers over snapper.
Cover and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until fish flakes in center.
Let stand, covered, 4 minutes before serving.
Garnish with cilantro.
Red Snapper A L' Orange.
freshly ground black pepper, , to your taste
3 -4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 -3 teaspoons grated orange zest
3 tablespoons oil
1 Combine pepper, juice, rind, and oil.
2 Place fish in single layer in an oiled oven ready dish.
3 Pour sauce on top.
4 Sprinkle with nutmeg.
5 Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until fish is cooked